Mobile Application Penetration Testing
Intelligence Driven Cyber Security Operations
Mobile Application Penetration Testing
In today’s world, where technology rules people’s lives and workspace, attackers have also become sophisticated in their methodology. Rather than targeting an organization’s well-protected mail server – for which a malicious hacker would have to exploit the layers of security, including IDS & IPS, firewall – hackers have now begun to focus on easy targets: the user endpoints – smartphone, tablet, laptops.
Why Choose Mobile Application Penetration Testing Services?
With more than 4.37M apps available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, any organization with or plans to have a mobile app should consider mobile application penetration testing to secure their customer information stored in these apps.
Mobile penetration testing tests mobile applications/software/mobile operating systems for security vulnerabilities by using either manual or automated techniques to analyze the application. These techniques are used to identify security flaws that may occur in the mobile application. The purpose of mobile application penetration testing services is to ensure that the mobile application is not vulnerable to attacks.
Mobile application penetration testing is a vital part of the overall assessment process. Mobile application security is becoming a critical element in the security of any company. Also, the data is stored locally on the mobile device. Data encryption and authentication are the essential concerns of safety for organizations having mobile applications. Mobile apps are the most lucrative target for hackers. The reason is that mobile apps are used by almost all the people on this planet.
As part of our beyond security assessment profile, Our team is specialized in mobile application security testing’s with black-box testing, reverse engineering mobile apps and source code analysis. We have not only done various such assignments, but we also write extensively on our experience in mobile application security. We have also tested with some of the most prominent enterprises to help them in their mobile apps protection.
Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Services
gLOBAL SECURITY ASSESSMENTS FRAMEWORKS & sTANDARDS WE FOLLOW
Global Standrd for cyber security assessments and auditing organisationfrom cyber attacks..
The standard defines guidelines for Planning and reconnaissance, identifying vulnerabilities, exploiting vulnerabilities and documenting findings.
The penetration testinng executaion standard defined the guidelines for how to conduct a comprehensive cyber security assessment .
A complete methodology for penetration and security testing, security analysis and the measurement of operational security towards building the best possible security defenses .
The MITRE ATT&CK framework is a curated knowledge base and model for cyber adversary behavior, reflecting the various phases of an adversary's attack lifecycle and the platforms they are known to target.
Our approach to Mobile Application Security Assessment
Our team will discuss the assessment objectives, target platforms, testing methodologies, and timelines to ensure a comprehensive assessment of the mobile application’s security.
Our team gathers information on the mobile application’s architecture, supportive technologies, nature of data flow, addressing scope creep situations, and other relevant details to prepare for the penetration testing process effectively.
Business Logic issues
The business logic involves analyzing the application’s workflows, data validation, and user interactions to identify potential security flaws or misuse of functionality. Along with this, we prepare a threat model to understand the maximum possibilities of attacks
Application Storage Attacks
Our team does deep perform multiple Application storage attacks that involve exploiting vulnerabilities in the app’s locally stored data, such as insecure storage, insufficient encryption, error, and exception handling, and inadequate access controls because of injection attacks to gain unauthorized access or extract sensitive information.
Reverse Engineering and Code Quality Flaws
Our team performs reverse engineering to access the code or with provided application source code team analyzes the app’s source code to identify vulnerabilities, potential weaknesses, encryption schema, hardcoded elements, and sensitive data exposure to ensure the application’s robustness and protect against malicious attacks.
Communication Channel Attacks
The communication channels between the app and servers are tested by our team to see the possibility of data interception or manipulation, launching man-in-the-middle attacks, or exploiting weak encryption to validate the network data flow, and validating the server certificates to make sure that data is signed properly with legal authority.
Core Mobile Application Attacks
Our team performs various attacks on the possible application APIs, backend Servers, cloud storage, authentication & authorization, Extraneus functionality, hybrid database storage channels, and other beyond possibilities.
Debrief and Reporting
Post assessment completion our team prepares a detailed technical report detailing all identified vulnerabilities, any successful exploitations, root cause analysis, and categorization of each issue and debrief session to explain the mitigation strategies to mature the overall mobile application security.
Re-Validation and Extensive Support
We provide additional support to re-verify the identified flaws once the issues have been remediated by the client team to make sure that appropriate action has been taken. Additionally, we are always ready to handle the critical situation for our premier clients 24/7.
What we offer
Certcube Tests Your Mobile Application On Android And/Or IOS For Vulnerabilities.
SERVICES WE OFFER
Mobile Device Management Assessment:
- A most corporate business which provides their employees with smartphones, use MDM application like Blackberry Enterprise Servers or 3rd-party server. Our expert team can conduct a security testing of these servers to analyze improper configurations or ruleset which are not in compliance with the organization’s security policy and best practices.
Application Security Assessment:
- Companies nowadays introduce applications for their customers (and even employees) to ease how they interact and conduct transactions. Web Applications involving mobile trading, mobile banking, the mobile wallet needs to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their client data. We can help you to identify loopholes in your mobile applications and also provide solutions on how you can assure that an attacker does not exploit your mobile application, nor is he able to compromise your clients’ Information.
Application Source Code Review:
- Although an application assessment can discover the most critical security issues, a source code review helps identify underlying code issues that may not be apparent in the exposed UI. We can review code for applications of various platforms like Blackberry OS, iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows..
SOLUTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR ENDPOINTS
- Device and Data encryption: Encrypting your entire machine or sensitive data can restrict a hacker from viewing it without the key.
- Remote device wiping: In case of loss of a device, a remote wiping would ensure that the hacker cannot extract confidential Information from the device.
- Screen-lock Pattern: Un-attended devices need to be secured from prying eyes.Applying domain password policies to your endpoint device
- Mobile Device lockdown: Restrict the user activity on the device would help ensure that unwanted applications should not be installed or settings are not updated
- Centralized email services: Incorporating mobile devices and email security with the existing email infrastructure provides complete sync of mobile data. It also allows full recovery of emails in case of loss of the devices.
- Anti-malware Solutions: Restrict the users from installing malicious applications or browsing the website, which may compromise their device.