As part of our beyond security assessment profile, Our team is specialized in mobile application security testings with black-box testing, reverse engineering mobile apps and source code analysis. We have not only done various such assignments, but we also write extensively on our experience in mobile application security. We have also tested with some of the most prominent enterprises to help them in their mobile apps protection. Further, we have also carried out the project of Mobile Device Management solutions such as those from Mobile Iron and Good Technologies.
The IT consumerization being faced by most enterprises today, CISOs no longer have the option of not allowing smartphones, tabs and other smartphone devices from connecting to the internal network and accessing organizations’ data.
With so much enterprise data floating around in the palms of employees, corporate data theft is also on the rise. A loss of any such device allows adversary access to confidential emails and documents stored on the mobile device.
In today’s world, where technology rules people’s lives and workspace, attackers have also become sophisticated in their methodology. Rather than targeting an organization’s well-protected mail server – for which a malicious hacker would have to exploit the layers of security, including IDS & IPS, firewall – hackers have now begun to focus on easy targets: the user endpoints – smartphone, tablet, laptops.
Endpoint Threat Vectors
Some common endpoint threats are:
- 0-day malware
- Loss of device
- Unauthorized app installation
- Data and document storage abuse
- Malicious attachments
Services we offer
- Mobile Device Management Assessment:
- A most corporate business which provides their employees with smartphones, use MDM application like Blackberry Enterprise Servers or 3rd-party server. Our expert team can conduct a security testing of these servers to analyze improper configurations or ruleset which are not in compliance with the organization’s security policy and best practices.
- Application Security Assessment:
- Companies nowadays introduce applications for their customers (and even employees) to ease how they interact and conduct transactions. Web Applications involving mobile trading, mobile banking, the mobile wallet needs to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their client data. We can help you to identify loopholes in your mobile applications and also provide solutions on how you can assure that an attacker does not exploit your mobile application, nor is he able to compromise your clients’ Information.
- Application Source Code Review:
- Although an application assessment can discover the most critical security issues, a source code review helps identify underlying code issues that may not be apparent in the exposed UI. We can review code for applications of various platforms like Blackberry OS, iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows..
Solutions to protect your endpoints
- Device and Data encryption:
- Encrypting your entire machine or sensitive data can restrict a hacker from viewing it without the key
- Remote device wiping:
- In case of loss of a device, a remote wiping would ensure that the hacker cannot extract confidential Information from the device
- Screen-lock Pattern:
- Un-attended devices need to be secured from prying eyes
- Applying domain password policies to your endpoint device
- Mobile Device lockdown:
- Restrict the user activity on the device would help ensure that unwanted applications should not installed or settings are not updated
- Centralized email services:
- Incorporating the mobile devices, email security with the existing email infrastructure provides complete sync of mobile data. It also allows full recovery of emails in case of loss of the devices.
- Anti-malware Solutions:
- Restrict the users from installing malicious applications or browsing to the website, which may compromise their device.
Implementation of Endpoint Security Solution:
- If you are looking to integrate mobile endpoint devices into your infrastructure, you need to ensure that they are well protected from malware and also make sure that all such devices conform with the organizations’ security ruleset. We can help you to investigate and set up solutions that best suit your individual organization policies and network architecture. With our years of experience in the IT security domain, you can be assure that we examine the top-of-the-line products and suggest the best option for your needs